Friday, February 11, 2011

almost a banana

         So...today is the day!  We find out if we're having a boy or a girl. :)  This coming Sunday makes us at week 20 (the half-way point, so after this it's all...downhill and getting bigger) which according to the site that sends me e-mails every week means that the baby is about the length of a banana.  I'm starting to actually show and am having a harder time fitting into most of my older shirts ("most" because I had a couple of those "I look like a maternity shirt but still look cute on a not pregnant person" shirts).  I haven't really felt the baby moving yet...I think I felt a bit of a flutter the other day, but it hasn't happened again yet so...we'll see.
         Morning sickness is totally gone (though I still have some troubles with really greasy meats like bacon, sausages and Wendy's hamburgers) and though I'm still tired, I usually feel fairly awake in the morning (so that's the time to see me right now cuz I won't be a total space case like I get in the evenings).
         Albert has been very good with dealing with all the moodiness, and tiredness, and crying, and mind changing, and picky-eatingness that comes with me being pregnant. :)  He also has been very patient with me counting down the days until today (when we find out what we're having) and with me getting hungry at really random times (like right before we're going to bed...though he does still look at me like "are you SERIOUSLY hungry again?" haha) now I just need to work on getting him to get the food for me lol.
         So: thoughts right before going in to the OB/GYN
-we don't care if it's a boy or a girl...we just would really like a healthy baby.
-Albert is still worried that it's going to end up being twins even though the Dr. told us that if it were twins I'd be bigger by now (blame that on a couple of games of life and a dream his dad about us having twins without knowing that that same night Albert and I talked about the possibility of us having twins)
-Albert's mom is DEAD convinced that it's a boy...she says it's because I was so sick during morning sickness.
-Laura C. and Mandy (from work) both think it's a girl...they didn't give any reasons.
-I don't know what to think it is.
-Albert's dad is super duper excited...I think he's almost as excited as I am haha. :) it's a good thing.  our baby is going to have a great grandpa. :)
-it's going to be a lot easier after this appointment because now when people ask me what I'm having I can actually say that I know (unless the baby decides to be shy...we're hoping it won't be) and I can start planning on what the room is going to look like and start making outfits for it (with the help my ridiculous crafty sister, Andrea)
-I'm still trying to get Albert to speak more Spanish around the house now because some studies say that the baby is starting to hear now...so far I speak more Spanish than he does...even though he knows I'd be able to understand most of what he was saying to me.
-randomly feeling grateful that my child has decided that it DOES like sugar (unlike it was acting like at the very start of the pregnancy)...this is emphasized by the fact that Valentine's day is Sunday and my mom has sent out the valentine's day cookies...
         -laughing at Albert for not liking as much frosting as my mom usually puts on the cookies so she just frosted the edges and wrote his name in the middle and he seemed so relieved when I told him haha.

now my mind is on a tangent and really just wants to think about sugar...totally going to have rice crispies when I get home from school hahahaha. good thing I only have 1 class today.
Anyway, more later...hopefully including at least one picture. :)

1 comment:

  1. 1.Valentines day is actually Monday.
    2.So, does that comment mean I'm ridiculous and crafty, or ridiculously crafty?
    3.Downhill is not how I'd describe the last 20 weeks of my life...getting out of bed has never been harder, and not because I'm tired, but because my body doesn't work right anymore and my abs are shot!
    4.We are so excited for your little boy!
    5.You never put pictures on your blog...fix it...everyone wants to see your baby bump.

    ReplyDelete