Saturday, February 12, 2011

"bob-we-had-a-baby-it's-a-boy"

So, the baby is a boy!!  For the sake of those who love pictures in blogs:
nice picture proof of the boyness. :)  During the ultrasound he was moving around a lot...very active...only even with the ultrasound thing pressing into my belly, I still couldn't really feel him moving...the nurse reassured me that it's ok to not feel him moving for a while, so I just have to be patient...  Sorry, I haven't taken or posted any pictures of my "baby bump" yet...maybe tomorrow...maybe...haha.  I was told today that I don't even have one...but my clothes mostly beg to differ...
Albert and I have decided upon the name "Jonathan"...we just aren't 100% sure exactly how we're going to spell it... and we aren't sure what the middle initial is going to be (Albert doesn't like middle names for some reason, so I got him to at least give our sons middle initials). :)   But yeah. that's us.  we're super happy.  Albert's mom was super happy that she was right...and Albert's dad was so happy that he got it up on facebook before I did haha.  One of my visiting teachers, Katie, told me today that she knew how to make little boy vests and ties so I now get to look forward to a get together with her and my sister Andrea to make cute little boy clothes. :)  yep.  It's nice being able to talk about "the baby" and be able to call him by name...though it's been a bit of a transition to go from calling the back room "the baby's room" to "Jonathan's room"...but we'll get there...it's only been a day.
firsts in the last day and a half:
     -first time I got to see my son
     -first time I actually got heartburn
     -first time I met with my new visiting teachers
     -first time starting a mission fund for a child of mine
          -ok so it doesn't even have a dollar in it yet, but Albert and I figured that every little penny put in is a penny towards our son serving a mission, so might as well build it up...it'll add up quickly...hopefully.
     -first time in over 2 years attempting to make potatoes au grauten...haven't tasted it yet...it's still in the oven
          -this first time resulted in my first big cut since getting pregnant and lots of bleeding despite it being a very shallow wound...which may or may not have caused me to almost pass out.
     -first time in over a month that I've kept Albert up all night with moving around and talking in my sleep.
          -ok maybe this is the second...but then the first time would have been the night before...I was so proud of myself haha.
     -first time that I've actually noticed just how often I get hungry during the day...it's like every hour...or even half hour...yay for chips and salsa!
that's all the firsts I'm able to think of right now...yep!  it's been a good happy time  :)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Melanie! I'm so excited for you. Little boys are so much fun. If you think you are starving now wait till you are breast-feeding him, and he eats so much more :D Haha! They say you eat like a teenage boy when you are pregnant with a little boy, and from my experience I have to agree :D Another tip I heard when I was prego was to lay on a hard floor flat on your back to stretch everything out (right after you eaten usually best) and you can sometimes feel those first flutterings easier that way. Once he starts punching you in the ribs you will wonder why you wanted to feel him so much anyway :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys rock! Don't choke on the potatoes au gratin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! We are so excited for you! We need more boys among the grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete