Saturday, August 13, 2011

ONE MONTH OLD!!!

Time flies when basically all you do is sit at home and feed the baby and change the baby and burp the baby and try to make up for the sleep you didn't get at night because you were staying up with the baby.
It's really hard to believe he's actually a month old!! Right now he's sitting in his bouncer beside me looking back and forth between me and the ceiling fan.

Updates on Johnathan:
-He isn't really smiling very much yet (like REAL smiles...he smirks all the time when he's falling asleep (so cute!)), though I did get a good smile last night when I was bathing him after he spit up all over the both of us.
-He's starting to make noises OTHER than crying (and coughing and sneezing and hiccuping) which is really fun.  Can't wait for more!
-He still doesn't really like to sleep at night, but he's getting better at staying awake during the day and then crushing my hopes of him sleeping at night.
-he sleeps with his arms over his head.
-His stomach can't handle it when I eat dairy.  Though it's a lot better about cheddar cheese right now...but recently I've eaten American cheese and have had to do several loads of laundry as a result (I'm tempted to eat swiss cheese to see if it's just the nationality, but I hate swiss...so I probably won't)
-He hasn't really been trying to roll over very much yet.
-He LOVES LOVES LOVES to cuddle...and he REALLY doesn't like that we're trying to cuddle with him less so that I'll be able to get housework done with TWO hands later on instead of one.
-He has yet to cry for no reason (be it hunger, air bubbles, messy diapers, or just wanting to cuddle)
-He is getting better at being content without mommy holding him all day (YAY!!)
-when we do cuddle with him, he loves putting his head right under our chins and pushing up. (silly boy)

No comments:

Post a Comment