Thursday, August 4, 2011

Things I've Learned in the Month Since Becoming a Mother:

-It's not a good idea to let your husband take classes for the first little bit of having a baby...especially if he has hard classes that he has to spend extra time up on campus studying for...
-When babies cry they actually DO say "Wah"
-No matter how many diapers you get at your baby shower, it's never enough.
-Babies poop a TON.
-I need "rewards" (even if they're as simple as Albert getting home and changing a few of Johnathan's diapers) to get me through the day.
-When I take several naps during the day, it makes it so that I can't fall asleep at night...but I don't sleep at night, so I need to take naps during the day to catch up.
-Even though babies stomachs are small, they can throw up a TON.
-You take a HUGE risk when changing a boys diaper if you don't keep him covered. (I already knew this...I just had to re-learn it several times before it stuck)
-having the ability to feed your child can be extremely painful...especially if they don't eat on time.
-when you take a sleeping infant to church you hear all the other children's crying a lot more than you did before.
-screen savers are also ear savers...Johnathan LOVES just sitting and watching our computer screen saver (some bubbles that float around on the screen and change colors...WONDERFUL!)

2 comments:

  1. My nephew is 6 months old and he loooves watching this: http://breadfish.de/. but warning - turn the volume on mute or you will forever have the breadfish song stuck in your head...
    you should write a simple book of knowledge from a new mother - i would read it before i had kids!!

    ReplyDelete