Thursday, December 15, 2011

Growing....

...that's what our family is doing...not in the sense that another little one is on the way haha.  no.  albert would freak out too badly haha.  anyways.  we are each growing differently.
I am ATTEMPTING to grow smaller (aka loose the baby fat), but if Albert keeps agreeing to get me cake mixes then I'm not going to succeed...especially since I have been craving yellow cake like none other for the past...well...it's been a LONG time...I was a good girl tonight and only ate one piece...and it wasn't a big one (for those who may wonder or question my idea of "one piece" which admittedly can get PRETTY BIG sometimes)...though, I can't make any promises about tomorrow hahaha.
Albert is growing tired of school and is excited because he has ONLY one final left...he is also growing more reminiscent because Johnathan is growing up WAY fast (he wants to stand ALL the time...not us standing with him.  he wants us to hold his arms/hands/chest so that he can stand on his own legs AND he's rolling from tummy to back more)
Johnathan is just regular growing.  We found out that he was 18lbs 1oz  and 25 7/8 inches long the other day.  All but one of his pj outfits are too small for him.  I had to cut the feet out of most of them.  and his legs stuck out so badly I felt silly just sticking socks on his feet...so he's now wearing the 6-9 month pjs we have...and he fits them wonderfully...this means I will probably be recycling some of my less worn pj bottoms into pjs for him.  :)  but yep. Anyways, the other day, I was talking with a nutritionist and she asked "uh, has the Dr. talked to you about how small his head is?" and I replied that yes we knew his head was on the smaller side and that yes we regularly went to the dr. (regularly meaning just when the dr said "I need to see you all again in ____ weeks/months" )...I wasn't worried.  the Dr. had told me at John's last appointment that no brain-growth was being stunted.  anyways, I made the mistake of mentioning her comment to Albert....Albert has missed out on the past two dr. appointments (school stuff) and thus didn't have the Dr's reassurance that everything was ok.  Anyways.  to make a long story short, Albert is being the overprotective parent that he is and is worrying about Johnathan's head-size now...next time I probably won't say anything until we're about to go into the dr again (albert wanted me to call the dr's office and ask a bajillion questions about if John's head size was ok.)  so that's us!

No comments:

Post a Comment