Saturday, May 7, 2011

"Birthday, Birthday, Coming to Earth Day..."

"...pink and wrinkled and small!!!!"  love that song...it's been stuck in my head all week...thus Albert officially does NOT love that song hahaha.  So yeah...YAY FOR BIRTHDAYS!
My first thought upon waking up the morning of my birthday and being 21 was "that was a weird dream...why did Albert make me go in that hair salon where they were making people look like cats"...and then "why did they have a karaoke contest?!" and then "why didn't I win?...it's my dream!"  Yep...
I feel like my birthday really started Wednesday with the arrival of my birthday package from my wonderful and amazing parents.  I got a birthday tiara, some blowy noisemaker thingys, confetti, party hats, balloons, cake, some candy, and some trail mix. :)  All that with a birthday card promising the soon arrival of gift cards (one to Jo-Ann and one to Olive Garden (yay!!!)).  
    Anyways, Thursday morning Albert and I took a pleasant trip to the BYU Student Health Center to get some blood work done concerning his diabetes.  After that, we went up to Tucanos (the Brazilian all-you-can-eat grill) and enjoyed a wonderful lunch (yay free birthday meals!!).  After that we walked a bit of what we ate off going around the little shopping area and enjoying the views of all the interesting goodies there were.  I used my boarder's gift card to buy Albert's father's day present, Tron: Legacy (the new one)(which I gave to him early....partially because we'd started it at a friend's house and hadn't been able to finish it and we both REALLY wanted to find out what happened).  On our way back to the car, Albert bought me some chocolate covered strawberries (one of my very favorite treats).  As we drove home, we stopped by the mall and picked up the necklace Albert had bought me for our wedding (it'd broken in the middle of last year and we just hadn't had time to fix it until a week or so ago)...while we were there he bought me a bracelet to match the necklace. (AND it was on sale so it was also a super lucky buy)
     Once we were home, we watched Tron and then Albert went to class.  I got a call from his classmate and friend, Jared's, wife (Britney) and she and I went to watch Albert's friend Melissa's new laberdoodle puppy (she's soooo cute!) and then used my Red Robin birthday coupon to eat.  After that, we went to one of Britney's friend's houses for a knitting party where I learned to crochet the flower headband thingys :)
     Amidst all this, I received many wonderful calls from family with wishes of happy birthday and many variations of the birthday song. :)  many thanks to all of you, your love and well wishes are muchly appreciated. :)
     After the knitting party (well...Britney was learning to knit something), we met our husbands back at my house and went our separate ways to bed. :)
      Overall, it was a very, very wonderful birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for wonderful birthday's!!! I'm glad you had a good one! :D

    ReplyDelete